Disease : Botryodiplodia Nut Fall
- Occurs during summer months and affects nuts of all stages
- Disease appears as black extensive patches at the stalk end of the fruit
- Later these black patches progresses to cover the major portion or entire nuts without definite margins.
- Black fruiting bodies of the fungus seen as dots on affected nuts and rotting of nuts .
- Nuts rot and shed prematurely
- Remove and destroy dried inflorescence, fallen button and nuts.
- Spray 1% Bordeaux mixture or Mancozeb 0.4% (4g/L) on inflorescence and also on developing buttons and nuts as prophylactic measure at 45 days interval.
- In diseased gardens, spray the inflorescence and nuts with 0.1% (1ml/L) Calixin / Contaf / Tilt after harvesting the mature nuts .