Disease : Anthracnose and Leaf Blight
- Affect palms of all ages especially on outer whorls of mature leaves
- Burnt or dried appearance of outer whorls of leaves
- Reddish brown oval to irregular sunken lesions with dark brown margin on leaves
- Salmon or reddish brown fruitification of the fungus as dots on the affected leaves.
- Lesions coalesce resulting in leaf blight
- Disease progress to mid whorl of leaves causing premature drying and falling of leaves
- Remove and destroy severely affected leaves.
- Spray 1% Bordeaux mixture or Mancozeb 0.4% (4g/L) on outer and mid whorls of leaves at 45 days intervals.
- In severe case, spray 0.3% (3ml/L) tilt / contaf at monthly interval