Disease : Deightoniella Leaf and Fruit Spot
- The fungus causes three forms of the disease viz. black spot on leaf, fruit tip discolouration or black tip and fruit spot/speckle.
- Round, pin point, black spots appear on the main veins of the lamina in the proximity to the leaf margin.(Image1).
- Gradually, these spots increase in size with narrow yellow margin.(Image2)
- The large spots dry in the centre with pale brown areas extending to the edge of the leaf blade giving the spots an inverted V shaped appearance.(Image3)
- On fruits, black discolouration below the perianth advanced with irregular areas or yellowish margins along the fruits.
- In some varieties, nearly round reddish brown spots or spots with black centre and a darker green, water soaked halo may be seen.