Nutritional/Physiological Disorders:Nitrogen Deficiency
- The most evident symptom is yellowing of leaves resulting from a reduction in chlorophyll content(Image1).
- Yellowing commences in the older, lower leaves and subsequently affect younger leaves as the deficiency worsens.
- Petioles of the most affected leaves become short and show a pinkish discoloration(Image2).
- Leaves emerge and develop on the top of each other resulting in a rosette appearance.
- Plant height and leaf length is considerably reduced.
- Growth and development is delayed and rate of leaf .