Physiological Disorders:Choke Throat
- It is due to low temperature affecting active growth of the plant.
- Leaves become yellow and in severe cases, the tissue gets killed (Image1).
Bunch development is normal, but when the time of flowering synchronizes with low temperature, the
- bunch is unable to emerge from the pseudostem properly. Deficiency of Calcium and Boron also leads to similar symptoms.
- The distal part of the inflorescence comes out and the basal part gets stuck up at the throat. Hence, it is called Choke throat (Image2).
- Maturity of the bunch is delayed by taking 5-6 months.